2. Send a Booking Request directly to the space owner
Book spaces with flexible terms.
3. Get the Keys and go
Coordinate access with the owner, and then Unleash Your Vision.
Why should I book a space through Popshop?
Popshop provides you with the flexibilty you need to open your store without long-term liabilites and risks. Popshop also takes away the painpoints of leasing a space the traditional way through our seamless platfrom and app. You... can now launch your store with the click of a button.
Do I need to sign a lease?
No. On short-term bookings, a License Agreement takes effect upon the booking of the space. The agreement automatically takes effect when you book and pay for the space throught the platform. A copy is also circulated via email for ...your records. Please find the default agreement here.
Can a Space Owner cancel my booking?
After a Booking of Space, a Space Owner may cancel the Booking at any time, subject to the following:
1. If the Space Owner cancels prior to a Move-In Date, the Space Owner shall refund to the Brand any and all funds received from the Brand under this Agreement or any License Agreement, including the amount of the Se...rvice Fee. Space Owner expressly acknowledges that in such event, Popshop shall retain the Service Fee.
2. If the Space Owner cancels on or after the Move-In Date, it shall do so only on ten (10) days’ prior written notice to the Brand and Space Owner shall pay to Brand: (1) a pro-rata refund of the License Fee for all days of the term of the License that Brand will not occupy the Space as a result of Space Owner’s termination (2) the full amount of the Service Fee (3) all of Brand’s out of pocket expenses in connection with moving into and out of the Space and (4) a fee equal to twenty (20%) percent of the License Fee and Service Fee paid by Brand at Booking. In such event, Popshop shall retain the Service Fee paid to Popshop in connection with such Listing.
Can I cancel my booking?
Yes, but that depends on when after Booking Space, a Brand may cancel the Booking at any time, subject to the following:
1. If a Brand cancels fifteen (15) days or more in advance of the Move-In Date, Brand shall be entitled to a refund of fifty percent (50%) of the License Fee, but not the Service Fee, which Popshop shall retain....
2. If a Brand cancels less than fifteen (15) days of the Move-In Date, or after the Move-In Date, Brand shall not be entitled to any refund of the License Fee or the Service Fee, which Popshop shall retain.
Who’s responsible for damages?
The brand booking the space is responsible for any damages caused to the space during the duration of the booking. At the end of the booking the spaceowner files a claim with popshop if there were if any damages and if deemed leg...itimate the cost will be deducted from the security deposit and the remainder will be refunded to the brand.
Do I need insurance?
Yes! Brands are required to have or obtain insurance that covers their business and the property. If you already have an insurance plan all you need to do is add the property and space owner as additional insured on the policy. If you d...on't have an existing policy, it's really easy to obtain and quite inexpensive (just ask your Popshop rep for help).
This The Licensee will at all times maintain, in respect of the Licensed Premises, Insurance coverage for commercial general liability and employer’s liability and worker’s compensation, in such amount as required by statute, if applicable, and at the request of the Licensor to give to the Licensor, a copy of such policy or policies. The commercial general liability policy shall have a limit of not less than $1,000,000.00 per occurrence. The employer’s liability policy shall have a limit of not less than $1,000,000.00 per occurrence.